1. Be catchy and memorable. Use a name that is easy to pronounce and easy to spell.
2. Keep your domain name as short as possible, but be aware that very short domain names are mostly taken. You will have a better chance of securing a name with five characters or more.
3. Avoid something too similar to competing domain names and make sure not to violate someone else’s trademark.
4. .com is the most popular top-level domain, so it can be hard to find one that is available. We recommend you proceed with a .com if possible, however we will offer alternatives if they are available.
5. Most single-word domains are taken, so you might need to create your own word. Try compounding two whole words (Big Cartel), blending parts of two words together (Bakerella), tweaking a word (Tumblr), or making up a completely unique name (Aarfie).
6. Only letters, numbers and hyphens are allowed in domain names.